Independent Garden Centre – Penge
Welcome to Alexandra Nurseries, independent garden centre, café and vintage home and garden ware shop in Penge.
We are very excited to announce that we have re-opened our doors to the public! To ensure the safety of both staff and customers we have made some changes so please read the following carefully before you visit us:
- Our Cafe, Garden and Exit are now accessed through separate gates so please note the signage on the front wall.
- We have a one way system in place so please read our signage carefully.
- Please treat our staff with patience and kindly keep your distance – masks are not mandatory but we do appreciate if you wear one, especially in the shop.
- As a small business we have only been able to bring back a few staff members so far, so we appreciate your patience if the wait times are longer than usual.
- Please do not be offended if we ask you to wait or guide you to the correct route through the premises.
Our Cafe and Shop:
- Our Cafe/ Shop will be open with a limited menu of teas, coffee, cakes and cold drinks for take-away only and we have some lovely new homewares and houseplants to purchase.
- It will be open 10am – 12.30pm (we will close from 12.30pm – 1pm for staff break) and re-open 1pm – 3.30pm.
- We have separate pay points for cafe & shop items to plants & compost so if you would like to buy outdoor plants as well, please exit through the cafe and make your purchase with our colleague outside.
- We have no seating available at The Nurseries – we understand this is disappointing but due to the nature of the space we feel it is in the interests of both staff and customers. We look forward to restoring our seating and eat-in menu but for the time being we don’t know when this will be and we appreciate your patience.
- We ask that only one household enter the shop at any one time and otherwise please queue outside the shop.
Our Garden and Salvage Area:
- Our garden will be open 10am – 4pm.
- We ask that no more than six people are in the garden at any one time, please queue onto the outside pavement.
- We have also swapped our covered seating area for a wonderful salvage yard!
- Please pay for plants, compost and outdoor items outside.
- We are still offering free delivery in the locality of Penge on orders over £30 so please give us a call to arrange this (again, we are working with a very small team so don’t be offended if we miss you or are slow getting back to you).
We are very excited to be able to open again and look forward to co-operating with you all to make sure this runs as safely and smoothly as possible. We hope you understand that we have had to make some changes and appreciate your patience if things are running slower than usual. We are all working hard to make improvements and will act with the safety of both staff and customers in mind. We hope you enjoy your visit and look forward to seeing you!