Independent Garden Centre – Penge
Welcome to Alexandra Nurseries, independent garden centre, café and vintage home and garden ware shop in Penge.
Important COVID Information – Please read before visiting us.
We are currently open to the public – to ensure the safety of both staff & customers we have made some changes. Please read the following carefully before you visit us:
- Our Cafe & Garden are open Tuesday – Sunday 10am – 5pm.
- The Cafe & Shop must be accessed separately to the Garden via a one-way system so please note our signage or ask a member of staff.
- Please treat our staff with patience & kindly keep your distance – masks are mandatory in the shop.
- We are a small team & premises so please bear with us, we apologise if wait times are longer than usual but in current circumstances, this can’t be helped.
- Please do not be offended if we ask you to wait or guide you to the correct route through the premises.
Our Cafe & Shop:
- Our Cafe & Shop is open with some outdoor seating available. For safety, we have to limit numbers & allocate seating so when visiting us, please go via our shop to be allocated a table & place your order.
- For food, homewares, houseplants & items from our shop, please pay in our shop. For outdoor plants & other outdoor items, please pay outside, by the yellow potting shed.
- We can allow a maximum of two separate households (four people in total) in our shop at any one time, if the shop is full, please queue outside the door & wait to be invited in.
Our Garden & Salvage Area:
- Although this is outside, we ask you to please keep a safe distance from staff & other customers.
- If you’d like to pay for outdoor plants & items only, there is a paypoint outside, located by the yellow potting shed.
- We are still offering free delivery in the locality of Penge on orders over £30 so please give us a call to arrange this (again, we are working with a very small team so don’t be offended if we miss you or are slow getting back to you).
We are very happy to be able to open & look forward to co-operating with you all to make sure this runs as safely & smoothly as possible. We hope you understand that we have had to make some changes & appreciate your patience if things are running slower than usual. We are all working hard to make improvements & will act with the safety of both staff & customers in mind. We hope you enjoy your visit & look forward to seeing you!