Jobs for April
Spring is upon us! Time to get in the garden, enjoy the longer evenings and prepare for year ahead!
- Start weeding your beds and add a good layer of mulch (such as Strulch – in stock now) – this helps to suppress weeds and improve nutrients in the soil.
- Continue to deadhead winter pansies – this will encourage new flowers. When daffodils and Tulips finish they can be deadheaded but leave the foliage to die back naturally.
- Tie in climbing and rambling roses.
- Roses and Shrubs can be given a feed – we have a variety to choose from, including Q4 pellets by Vitax, After Plant by Empathy, Growmore by J. Arthur Bowers.
- Feed citrus plants – we recommend Westland citrus plant food £3.99 – in stock now.
- Continue planting new perenials and lift and divide existing ones- we have lots of lovely perenials in stock including Lobelia, Geraniums, Acanthus, Seedums and many more.
- Evergreen shrubs can be moved – we have excellent Burgon and Ball tools to assist you with heavy digging!
- Sow hardy annual and vegetable seeds – we have a large variety of Franchi seeds, trays and compost.
- Check container plants for moisture levels.
- Lawns can be patched up or new ones sown. We have seed and feed in stock and a large collection of topsoils and composts.